Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do any SWG's have a web/app interface?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do any SWG's have a web/app interface?

I have a Pool Pilot DIG-220 which has worked well, but I am ready for a replacement. One reason it that it is the only component of my pool system that has no web or app interface. While my pumps, heater, temperature, lighting, music, and home automation are all accessible on my iPhone, the Pool Pilot is not. Since my pool panel is away from my pool, in a wooded area, I would very much like to be able to check salt level, system status etc. on my phone. It would be nice to receive a text alert when salt is low, also.

Looking for something that works stand-alone, not one that needs a particular pool panel etc. to function.

Anyone know of any SWGs that do this?

thanks,
    Russ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do any SWG's have a web/app interface?

Nope. Most of the "high-end" SWG's (Pentair, Hayward, etc) are controlled through their automation panels and, even then, the control is fairly rudimentary, not much more than output percentage can be controlled.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

I find that "visiting" the pool to check on things is a much better and safer way than relying on an app. Will an app tell you if frogs are swimming around in your pool? Can an app tell you if the corner of your cover has blown back? Can it tell you if the last person to leave the pool area has closed up the umbrella or deck box?

I can think of many things that need eyes to check.

JMO...
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Nope. Most of the "high-end" SWG's (Pentair, Hayward, etc) are controlled through their automation panels and, even then, the control is fairly rudimentary, not much more than output percentage can be controlled.
    That's what I was afraid of. That's so 90's.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep. As others way smarter than me have stated, pool automation is still stuck in the dinosaur age...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

jandy iaqualink shows salt level and errors/status. i really liked it for my hayward aquarite.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.