Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi all new here

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi all new here

Hi everyone I am new here. I was just wondering how do you guys protect your pool during a rainstorm. I usually cover my pool with a cover but still it tends to get kind of messy.Any input on this would be extremely helpful

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Hi all new here

Hello RodneyE, welcome to TFP

For Skippy and myself, if the pool is already open we tend to leave it open. If it's closed we have to put a cover sump pump on it to drain it lest it get too heavy.

Its six of one, half dozen of another as to the best thing to do.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

I like getting the free fresh water and the filter and vacuum handle anything that blows in. If it rains cats and dogs, the fresh water mostly exits via the overflow, and if I want it for any reason, like lowering TA, I can turn the pump on to stir it in. Overall, I like the rain, so far
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

4. Back To Top    #4

San Diego, CA

I wish I had your rain problem here in San Diego!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Salt water 28,000 Gal Pool with 1,200 Gal Spa
    Satin Matrix Pebble surface
    Pentair Intellichlor Salt Chlorinating system, Pentair Intellifo Variable Speed Pump
    Pentair 400,000 BTU heater, "Rebel" Pentair Automatic Pool Cleaning system
    750 sq foot Solar Pool Heating, Rock Grotto with waterfall