Liner and test kit question

G

Hi, newbie to this forum, but excited about the knowledge that I'm gaining by reading these forums.

Anyways, have an 18x33 ABG that I had some leak and rust issues and had to strip the pool down to fix the rust areas :rant: (used 1 step rust killer on all rusted surfaces, put 2 coats of elastic rubberized roofing paint around inside and outside of pool, put new galvanized steel sections in with same coating in bad areas ((skimmer almost rusted through)), installed 1/8" rubber/poly membrane around inside of pool to help with any future rust and liner punctures from wall, and put 1/8" foam back up). Going to redo the flooring with removing 1/2" of sand and putting in 1/2" 4x8 insulations panels from lowe's and then reinstall the liner (beaded).

Couple Questions:

1. How do I know what the depth that my flooring should be so that I don't have too much or too little liner when I'm trying to snap it in. I believe it is a 52" wall but when I measure from the base to height of the wall it is 54".

2. Ordering a TF100 or K-2006, I want to order the TF100 but when I look at the kit on this site it doesn't show any comparator or wheel guide. Does it come with these?

3. Liner has been out of the pool for @ 4 weeks now and has been kept in garage. It is the original liner and is 10yrs old. Is there any truth to liners "shrinking" since they have been used? There are 5 holes in liner that have been fixed (most were above water line and look like defect from manufacturer).

Thanks...Jeff

Attachments

• IMG00203.jpg
    IMG00203.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG00198.jpg
    IMG00198.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG00171.jpg
    IMG00171.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 105
Welcome!

The test kit comes with the comparators you need. The "good" chlorine test doesn't need a comparator, which is one of its strengths. You count drops and when it turns clear you multiply and you know the reading so there is no interpretation.

I'd guess you will be very lucky to be able to reuse a 10 year-old liner. They lose elasticity, which is important in getting a smooth installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.