Best flexible drain hose

Illupo

Jul 3, 2016
Scottsdale
Well, I bought the pump to drain my pool, but it does not come with a discharge hose. I looked at Leslies, but out of the 12 or so ratings, 90% indicated the hose splits on the first use! Is there a better brand or thickness that would last a decent amount of time? Anyone with any experience along these lines, I would love to hear back with your recommendations.

Buy a "used" fire hose off ebay, there are often available in the $25-$50 range for 1.5 inch cabinet style fire hoses that were replaced due to age not wear that will outperform any discharge hose you are likely to find. Fire hoses must be recertified every X number of years (15-20?) and it is often cheaper to replace than to recertify so you can get perfectly functional hoses for non fire safety use cheap. There are multiple thread connector standards for fire hoses, most common is NH/NST, you can get an NPT to NST brass adapter for about $15 on ebay or a plastic one for about half that.

Both excellent suggestions...thanks. Unfortunately, my vac hose is only 16' long and will not reach the drain plug. I like the idea of a used fire hose for durability and I am going to write our fire dept to see if they have any for disposal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.