Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

1. Back To Top    #1

Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

I have two handles I use for the skimmer, brush & vacuum.
    One is an old aluminum set of poles with a screw tightener, the other is a new one with a plastic flip lock.
    Both of these spin and slide when I am vacuuming. It is very annoying and takes more time.
    I am ready to get some JB Weld out... Has anyone solved this?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

How about a drill and a pin as a back up to the existing setting, just below the tightner, maybe two settings on the inner pipe.
    Set it at the short level, drill through both pipes, then an extended setting drill through the existing hole on outer pipe through the inner pipe. You could use replacement pin from the pool skimmer pin or a metal one from a tow hitch or similar.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

That is an awesome idea! simple. elegant. sometimes we go way down the rat hold solving a problem.
    Thankful for the community... Head out of hole now. Holes to be in handle next.
    14,000 gallon fiberglass kidney shape pool.
    Old 1hp Whisperflo WFE-4.
    Sand filter & fountains I turn on once for every guest to see a few times a year.

4. Back To Top    #4

Excellent idea...thanks! I too have a pole which is in perfect shape EXCEPT some kind of offset plastic piece inside that if you twist a certain way, it temporarily locks the two halves together. (which stays together halfway through my vacuum job) It is annoying to say the least. You just saved me dough as I was about to buy a whole new handle!
    Inground 1800 gallon gunite spa/pool, installed mid 1980s.
    Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 4 cartridge filter Model CCP 240
    Pac Fab Challenger (High head, High flow) 1 1/2 HP pump
    One Jandy valve controlling automatic chlorinator

5. Back To Top    #5

You could also use these in the holes...1 set of holes on the internal tube (install clip) and as many adjustments you'd like on the outer tube.

315dHzFrEVL._SX300_.jpg

Amazon.com : Pool Butterfly Clip for Pole Attachments - Package of 5 : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

16 x 36 IG Vinyl, 20,000 gal, chlorine, built 2001
    Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump
    Hayward Pro Series sand filter S210T
    All in with TFP , testing with tf-100