Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Purex Triton Minimax Plus Service Manual

Purex Triton Minimax Plus Service Manual

Hi everyone,
    I have a Minimax Plus 250 heater with electronic ignition for my pool that won't fire up. The Heater light flickers for a fraction of a second, then nothing. I had this problem a couple of years ago and changing the ingnition circuit board fixed it. This time changing the board again has no effect. I appreciste it could be a range of other things but I have no docs to tell me how to approach sorting out the problem. Anyone know where I can get a service manual from, preferably machine readable? Alternatively any suggestions as to how I can pin it down would be welcome.
    37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

Re: Purex Triton Minimax Plus Service Manual

Here's the installation manual with troubleshooting instructions. The first things I'd check would be your water flow (dirty filter?) and pressure switch.

Many thanks for the link spishex - that's most helpful. The filter is clean and pump pressure is about 13 psi so I'll look at the pressure switch. I guess if I short it out and I get ignition then the switch is faulty.
    37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

On p.23 the Operation and Installation/owner manual says "Please consult the latest edition of the “MiniMax Plus Service Manual” for complete service and repair instructions."

Anybody has a link to the Service Manual (which is NOT the Operation and Installation Manual)?

This one says it's the service manual:

www.rhtubs.com/manual/minimaxPlus.pdf

It has lots of info about the circuit board, various fault codes, etc.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

Fantastic!
    Thanks CraigMW. (I had spent more than one hour on the net looking for this, was rather frustrated)!