Perfection, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
When is the bet time to buy new pool equipment? Now after the bulk of the new pools are built and existing ones repaired? Late fall? Early spring? Black Friday? My Intex swg is getting tired, as is my 25+ year old Jacuzzi sand filter - plus it is too small. Everything is still working - so far - but I'd rather start next spring with some fresh gear that won't be as much maintenance. TFP has reduced the weekly stuff to almost nothing. New equipment might reduce it even more!

Target and Academy often put their Intex stuff on sale later in summer to move it out. A friend got an SWG for half price at Target a couple of years ago.

Thanks, pooldv. I'm thinking about upgrading a bit. Tagelus 50D, CircuPool or Intellichlor. The Intex was a low cost experiment to see if it was a direction that I wanted to go. A very successful experiment, I might add. The Intex works, but it is time to move up. Any other suggestions as to when?

I don't think that regular pool stores will clearance out pool equipment like the big box stores do with their seasonal merchandise.

Sunplay.com and INYO Pools are good online sources for pool equipment. Get on their mailing list and they'll send you some sales and coupons.

I have found some very good pricing available on ebay during the winter/spring season likely from over stocked pool stores, pool builders, or those that are closing. Of course warranty may be limited.

Either buy early or late, and be ready to pay on the spot. Gaming this is easy with pools because you're playing a long game- you're going to have it for years and you generally don't need any particular item today.

Clearance can work unless you're looking for something specific (unless that specific thing is exactly what they're overstocked with) and if you're willing to play chicken and maybe wind up empty handed. We bought our pool in January, with May delivery. Got a smoking deal because they've got rent and payroll in January and no money coming in, and didn't have to actually get the pool until spring when their sales were taking off.

Timing is everything...lightning took out the Intex swg last night. Fortunately the brand new OptiFlo wasn't damaged! So today ordered the CircuPool RJ20 Plus for the price of an RJ16 Plus and an extra dollar. And free shipping. That should be a major improvement. Tomorrow is the end of the promotion. Timing, timing....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.