New to site and already in trouble

Hello everyone!

As my name implies, my name is Daniel and I live in Alabama. My wife and I just bought our first house and, most importantly, our first pool.

Some background on the pool. When we bought the house, the pool was basically a hole in the ground. The poolcrete had turned into sand and the liner was dilapidated. We had to have a complete overhaul done to the pool to get it back into working condition. I honestly do not know how long the pool had been in such a state of disrepair. the filer had not been run and the 2-3 feet of water that remained in the dep end was black and genuinely disgusting. It cost more than a little to get the pool back in working condition, but my wife just had to have a pool. After filling the pool up, it was crystal clear for a while. I checked the levels everyday, and still do. I thought I was mastering the element of water, but oh was I wrong.

That brings me to here today. I have a green problem. I can not get his pool back to crystal and it is driving me crazy. It is green and cloudy. No amount of shock, chlorine, vacuuming, and other substance will get this pool back to the pristine oasis that i once shared with my wife and child.

That being said, can anyone help me get this back to where I need it to be?

Also, what about changing the sand in the filter?

Hello and Welcome DanielinBama.....First of all since your checking your levels everyday, what test kit are you using? Please post a set of test results like this:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

also edit your signature to include important info about your pool and auipment. Someone will be along to help you.

Again, welcome and Roll Tide!