Cleaning recently drained above ground pool

Jul 17, 2016
Lancaster CA
Hi everyone,
I drained my 18x48 summer waves ez set above ground pool because it turned into a swamp.
Now I have a pool with 2 inches of water covered in algae.
How do I clean this to start over?
I don't even want to get into the pool to scrub without waders on.
I've been reading the forums and pool school but I'm all grossed out at the thought of walking/kneeling in nothing but bleach and algae to scrub it. Is that even safe to do?
And then how would I get the last of that water/algae out to start fresh?
TIA :)

I would use a shop vac to clean out the rest of the water. It is hard to get absolutely everything out, especially since these pools are narrower at the top than the bottom. Doing a slam is difficult with the standard pump and filter combo that comes with an easy set pool, so normally we would advise to fill it up with the sludge in there and then slam and vacuum to waste. Unless you have upgraded to the sand filter pump combo you really don't have that option. Get out as much of the nasty as you can, hose it down and vacuum with the shop vac until it is as clear as possible, then refill the pool.

Check out the Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools for more information about keeping your seasonal pool clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.