Pump Run Time Questions

DDave

May 27, 2009
Corning, CA
Okay, I know these are pretty common issues and I tried the search and also did a lot of reading on older threads but, hope you don't mind answering them again.

I have an 18' by 42" Intex Easy Set with the Model 635 pump. According to Intex the pool holds 5400 gallons and the pump puts out 1500 GPH. Intex says to run the pump 4 hours per day.

So my questions are (for now :mrgreen: ) are:

1. Should I run the pump for the 4 hours all at once or split it up? I have a timer that will do two on/off cycles.

2. What time(s) of day should I run it -- during the day or at night?

3. Should I do the water tests close to the eind of a run time or does it matter?

Thanks.

Dave

1) Split up the run time if you can. The idea is to spread them out so that the amount of time while the pump is off is shorter.
2) It doesn't really matter what time of day, unless you have time of day electric rates. Most people like to adjust it so it is running when they swim or when they are doing testing.
3) You want the pump running for about an hour before you take a sample for testing and about an hour after you add chlorine.

My personal opinion is that's not long enough for the intex pump- I'd double it and then work your way back. Once you have a problem with them, it's nothing but trouble trying to clear it. So I'd err on the side of too much run time rather than not enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.