Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test results new pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Central pa

Test results new pool owner

Just received the tf-100 test kit and here are the results (new pool, just filled and chemicals added three weeks ago):

pH 7.5
    FC 3
    CC .5
    TC 3.5
    CH 125
    TA 90
    CYA 40-50 (dot disappeared between these two numbers)

I guess the hardness is alittle low (but that shouldnt matter since the pool is vinyl liner??) Also with the low CH this is trowing off the SI as I am getting around -0.45 (but once again should this matter since there is a vinyl liner?)

Water is crystal clear

Located in Northcentral PA

Pool receives direct sunlight from about 8:00am - 6:00 p.m.

current water temp 82

Any other input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have been doing my reading on this site for the last week and learning alot. I will be donating some $ here the near future (best site on the web).
    16x32 IG SWG 18,000 gallons
    Vinyl Liner
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed 3HP
    Pentair Water IntelliChlor
    Pentair Sand Dollar sand filter SD-80

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Test results new pool owner

Welcome to TFP

Using bleach or liquid chlorine bring your Free Chlorine to 6 (CYA 50) and stay above 4 FC...

******** just saw, do you have a Salt Water Generator*****

If so, bring your FC to 6 for now and using granular CYA in a sock bring your CYA to 70, it will help your SWG keep the FC up..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

You are correct that your CH and CSI is fine for a vinyl pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Central pa

Thank you for the advise. Greatly appreciated