Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Unable to control a Jandy LXI heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Unable to control a Jandy LXI heater

1.My Jandy LXI Heater is working fine in manual mode but I cannot control it with my Jandy RS controller.
    Yesterday I installed a new CPU and bezel control board ( I am planning on a multi speed pump and needed a newer revision of firmware ) and I hoped it would get rid of the problem but still there
    Any ideas
    I understand that you can control this heater with an RS485 cable - would that make the problem go away

2. I am planning on installing an IQ20 phone remote control and a jandy multispeed pump 2.1 hp and this heater via RS485
    what is the most cost effective way of connecting them to the new mother board/bezel

thanks for your help
    18x36 free form gunnite about 30000 gallons
    spillover spa, waterfall
    separate pool spa waterfall and polaris pumps

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Unable to control a Jandy LXI heater

oops - I forgot to ask - re connecting more devices there are 2 red connectors - with 4 pins does it make any difference which one I use or are they both the same and where does one buy the actual connector that slides onto the 4 pins

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    1.My Jandy LXI Heater is working fine in manual mode but I cannot control it with my Jandy RS controller.
    Yesterday I installed a new CPU and bezel control board ( I am planning on a multi speed pump and needed a newer revision of firmware ) and I hoped it would get rid of the problem but still there
    Any ideas
    I understand that you can control this heater with an RS485 cable - would that make the problem go away

2. I am planning on installing an IQ20 phone remote control and a jandy multispeed pump 2.1 hp and this heater via RS485
    what is the most cost effective way of connecting them to the new mother board/bezel

thanks for your help
    18x36 free form gunnite about 30000 gallons
    spillover spa, waterfall
    separate pool spa waterfall and polaris pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Unable to control a Jandy LXI heater

https://www.google.com/search?q=jand...utf-8&oe=utf-8 You need rev. N or higher to use the RS485 cable. One can go to any controller the other to heater. If you need more they have a multiplex board with four connectors