Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air relief valve issue?

1. Back To Top    #1

Air relief valve issue?

I have a pre 1999 nautilus fns 48 de filter. Recently there has been a consistent gurgling noise coming from the top of the filter housing which seeems to be coming from the air relief pressure valve system. No water is escaping from it and I sprayed shaving foam around area but didnít see anything.Pressure reading is at 20 lbs which is normal but seems to be jumpoing around a little bit. Everything else in filter system seems to be fine no air in strainer housing,good prime and minimal air bubbles from return jets. Any thoughts on cause and how to correct. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Air relief valve issue?

Welcome to TFP

when you purge the system, does air come out and then water right after.. then the sound stops? it may be getting some air in there when the pump turns on and staying in the top of the filter..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Air relief valve issue?

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Welcome to TFP

when you purge the system, does air come out and then water right after.. then the sound stops? it may be getting some air in there when the pump turns on and staying in the top of the filter..
    I tried that and it did not stop noise.