Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Down!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Down!

Have not had any major issues with the Hayward Omnilogic, however last week we had a really large storm and lost power for 2 days. Pool was a disaster, but noticed that the filter pump would shut off. I back washed it, cleaned out the entire pool with a garden hose venturi vacuum, recheck all of the valves, but the pump would come on and 15 minutes it would shut off, it gave the alarm "Noflow water flow sensor". I was unable to reset this, the pressures are high, around 25, normally they are 12, however, when I start the filter it runs on prime mode, for around 5 minutes or so, when it goes into normal speed, then pressures are back down. So I assume that is a normal increase of pressure due to increase of flow. I back backwashed the filter, I have checked and recheck all of the valves, we have a spa so we have two automatic valves, they are in the right position and they work when turned on. The water flows appropriately out of the spa into the pool, the two skimmers are not blocked and the flow into them is normal.

I flipped all of the breakers back off, then back on, still same problem

Mechanically I can not think of anything, maybe a something happen to the sensor when the power was off, we did have a few pulses and turn offs of power for about 5 hours after wards.

Am I missing anything.
    55,000 gallon freeform L-shape 40x50ft, 3'8-10', 150' perimeter, gunite, pebbletec (tbd), sand filter, 2hp Ecostar variable speed pump, 400k gas heater, Aquacomfort heat/chill pump, 8 jet spa with 2hp blower, limestone grotto waterfall, 20 ft BYOS slide with arch and water fall, grand effects wall torches and fire bowls, 1m diving platform with 14ft board, gold line salt system, full automation, stamp, stained and salted concrete

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Down!

First thing that comes to mind is the pump strainer basket. Was it full of stuff? Any chance debris made it to the impeller? Though that would not account for the higher pressure. That has to be something after the pump.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    First thing that comes to mind is the pump strainer basket. Was it full of stuff? Any chance debris made it to the impeller? Though that would not account for the higher pressure. That has to be something after the pump.
    Strainer had some, not to bad, skimmers had the most.

I am afraid that it is the pump, we had an incident where my kids were vacuuming, we shut down the main drain and one of the skimmers to revert all of the pressure to the remaining skimmer where the vacuum hose is plugged in, we have done that since day one with no issues, however, after they were finished they did not turn the valve back, I went out there the next day and it was obvious from the sound, the pump was working but the water was hot in the strainer, it had enough water to keep going though. That was about 2-3 weeks before the power outage and we did not have any issues after that.
    55,000 gallon freeform L-shape 40x50ft, 3'8-10', 150' perimeter, gunite, pebbletec (tbd), sand filter, 2hp Ecostar variable speed pump, 400k gas heater, Aquacomfort heat/chill pump, 8 jet spa with 2hp blower, limestone grotto waterfall, 20 ft BYOS slide with arch and water fall, grand effects wall torches and fire bowls, 1m diving platform with 14ft board, gold line salt system, full automation, stamp, stained and salted concrete

4. Back To Top    #4

That points to a plugged plumbing line. Maybe some junk got sucked up in the vacuum into the plumbing creating a partial blockage and then more stuff got caught up in the blockage. Sometimes opening and closing the valves from one suction source to another with the pump running will create a surge of water to clear the blockage. It sounds like the pump is operating normally. You can also remove the Jandy valve covers to check and run a plumber's snake through the plumbing. It wouldn't hurt to check the impeller too.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach