Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Build-Mt.Pond in Kentucky!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build-Mt.Pond in Kentucky!

Hi! I've been using this site constantly to learn as much as I can about pools before we gets ours---and feel like it's been a huge help already! I'm so excited to finally be getting our pool built! Construction starts this Thursday and I will make sure to post a lot of pictures! I always appreciate the advice and suggestions I get from people on this site!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build-Mt.Pond in Kentucky!

Here is a picture of my yard before:

And here is our pool!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

3. Back To Top    #3

Alright! Congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

It's great to see all the projects etc. on here isn't it!

My recommendation from after week 1 of our build- no detail is too small to completely go over NOW and not later with the PB. Also, document EVERYTHING (meeting notes, what was said etc.)... just in case
    Pool-15x31', Spa-7x9', depth 3.5-6', HP Pentair Whisper Flow pump/motor, Intelliflo 8-160, 4-to-8 speed, Pentair 320 Clean and Clear capacity filter (upgraded to 400,000BTU stackless heater). Stacked stone- Autumn Rose Classic, tile- Ridgeline Blue Slate, coping- Turning Leaf Quartzite. Start date 7/12/16! Progress thread

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Geosage View Post
    It's great to see all the projects etc. on here isn't it!

My recommendation from after week 1 of our build- no detail is too small to completely go over NOW and not later with the PB. Also, document EVERYTHING (meeting notes, what was said etc.)... just in case
    Thats a great idea...I'm a stickler for details so I've pretty much been driving my PB crazy with questions already. haha.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have a question--I do not have a test kit yet--is that something I should go ahead and order? What is needed/which is best for saltwater pools?

6. Back To Top    #6

I use the TF-100 Test Kit and I buy it at TFTestkits.net. I also use theAquachek salt test strips from there. Others folks will recommend the Taylor K-1766 test because it is more accurate. They have both.

More here about test kits, Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Crickets View Post
    Thats a great idea...I'm a stickler for details so I've pretty much been driving my PB crazy with questions already. haha.
    The way I see it, you're paying them a LOT of money for a MAJOR addition to YOUR property. You can drive them a little crazy to make sure things are as you want them. You wont be the first, you wont be the last
    Pool-15x31', Spa-7x9', depth 3.5-6', HP Pentair Whisper Flow pump/motor, Intelliflo 8-160, 4-to-8 speed, Pentair 320 Clean and Clear capacity filter (upgraded to 400,000BTU stackless heater). Stacked stone- Autumn Rose Classic, tile- Ridgeline Blue Slate, coping- Turning Leaf Quartzite. Start date 7/12/16! Progress thread

8. Back To Top    #8

I am a constant list maker. I would have conversations with the PB and we would get off on some tangent, so before he left I always made him wait while I read through my list to make sure we covered it all.
    Pool build spring/summer 2015. IG. 750 sq ft pool. 40 sq.ft spa. 18ft x 42ft rectangle, 31,000 gallons, SWG, DE Pentair model, 2 boosters variable speed model, heater master temp Pentair, Quartz finish Aegean Green, CoverStar Automated Pool Cover, Kreepy Krawley Platinum, TF100,SpeedStir My Build in Progress

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

And don't forget the SpeedStir! It makes testing fun and easy - not joking. Looking great. I'm sure your excitement level is pretty high this week!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    And don't forget the SpeedStir! It makes testing fun and easy - not joking. Looking great. I'm sure your excitement level is pretty high this week!
    Thank you! I do not know what a Speedstir is! I see one on the TFTestkits site and it says it is magnetic--is that the one you recommend?

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

You got it!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

The Speedstir is AWESOME! It is a battery-operated magnetic base and you put a little magnet "tablet" in the test tube with your sample water and reagents and hit the button and it does the "stirring" for you - and much more accurately (IMO) than just swirling the tube by hand. Love it!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

13. Back To Top    #13

I found out today that they are not starting tomorrow as planned. Apparently they hit rock on another project so think it will cause about a 2 day delay for this project. They are now hoping to start here on Saturday. I wouldn't be so disappointed--but we are going to be out of town for the weekend so won't get to see them draw it out on the yard before they dig. It makes me nervous. They did say they'll send me pictures via text though to keep me updated so that helps.

..Bummer though...

14. Back To Top    #14

On A positive note, they did deliver some of the pool today! That perked me up.

15. Back To Top    #15

Oh no, I'm sorry, we had something similar happen and it's a bummer as you're excited and ready! Definitely a bummer

Beautiful lawn by the way.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by bdrex28 View Post
    Beautiful lawn by the way.
    Thank you so much! We treat it with Scotts!

17. Back To Top    #17

Crickets,

I'm at work and can't confirm the dimensions but I'm pretty sure that your pool is identical to ours. You made a good choice. One word of caution is if you plan on buying a solar cover. Because of the shape (I like to say it looks like a pair of binoculars) you will have to buy a much larger rectangular solar cover and cut it to fit. It was a waste, but we ended discarding one-third of a brand new cover as the trimmed pieces. Then, because the remaining piece was hard to handle/fold, we ended up cutting it vertically in the center into two sections.

Good luck on your build!
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

18. Back To Top    #18

Poolneophyte--Thank you for the advice on the solar cover. I was curious how we were going to deal with that issue!

19. Back To Top    #19

They decided to start today after all! Yay!

First scoop!

20. Back To Top    #20

Yay! Good news!!!!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast