Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Things I learned from TFP site...

1. Back To Top    #1

Things I learned from TFP site...

I learned some great stuff from the TFP site and it has made a world of difference to my pool.

Please add to the list:

1. A test kit is very important.

2. Using a test kit I can balance my pool and get sparkly water using (mostly) grocery store products instead of expensive pool store products.

3. Using a test kit and grocery store products I can balance my pool for the season for less than $100, instead of at least $300 - $400 using pool store products.

4. Once my pool is balanced I can run my pumps for just 3 - 4 hours a day instead of 9 hours, saving electricity and wear-and-tear.

5. Once my pool is balanced I can set SWG output to 30% - 50% instead of 100%.

6. Before opening pump to get the strainer, switch the valve to 'closed' to prevent water from flowing back to the pool. The pump will prime much faster.

7. I can use a return jet easily to fill the hose for vacuuming.

8. Pressure gauges ARE useful.

9. I only need to backwash when my pressure gauge reads 10% above normal (See # 8).

10. A rock is the most practical item to prevent the skimmer basket from floating.

Cheers,

ft

~22,000 gallons, freeform, Pebbletec, beach entry AquaRite SWCG v1.33 Hayward Tristar SP325EE pump for main draw & skimmer Hayward sand filter S310S 1.5 hp booster pump Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaner, skimmer, debris containment canister Waterfall Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED light in Pentair stainless wet niche Jandy Lite2 heater: removed Auto-fill: deactivated

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Things I learned from TFP site...

Very nice list isn't it great...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **