Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Drain or not to drain

1. Back To Top    #1

Drain or not to drain

I have two issues, a very green pool and unlevel pool. If I've got to spend a lot of money and time to get rid of the algae I'm thinking about draining the pool, leveling it and then refilling to get rid of two birds with one stone. My question is, if I drain my pool into my yard am I essentially farming that algae by spreading it out in the backyard? Will it just die off or will it be more available once I refill the pool ?
    12 x 24 x 52" above ground SWG Intex vinyl liner, Intex sand filter pump sf-15110, k-2006 fas-dpd test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Drain or not to drain

Algae spores are always everywhere all the time. Just like bacteria. Which is why we need to put chlorine in our pools everyday. I would drain it and level it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Drain or not to drain

Thank you... That's the plan then!
    12 x 24 x 52" above ground SWG Intex vinyl liner, Intex sand filter pump sf-15110, k-2006 fas-dpd test kit