Doughboy skimmer vacuum port cover

Jul 7, 2013
Can someone snap a pic on yours installed? I need to install mine and it's so hard to see how it installs in the instructions. It does not seem like it fits exactly in or seals the vac hole

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you have the deluxe skimmer? I have one and can get a pic tomorrow in the daylight. The port is not supposed to be sealed though. It just kind of blocks things from being stuck in the hole when not in use. I am of course assuming you mean the port in the pool under the skimmer opening. When you place the lid inside to vacuum you don't want the port blocked.

Well I realized they with the aquador plate installed it does not have the pre drill hole to install the vacuum port cover. So if you could still post a pic that would be great

Thanks

Ok, here ya go. The bottom "C" shaped piece is just screwed on holding that rubber flap thing on but it's not supposed to seal. I can't get the underside or it'll ruin my phone lol.

port1.jpg

port2.jpg

It still has the vacuum port. I have the exact plate you have in the shed. When they install the aquador for winterizing it just doesn't have that hole. I am going call doughboy today to make sure.

To use the vacuum port you need to turn off the filter. Take the clear plastic brown lid off the skimmer and fit it inside the skimmer and behind the flapper door. it shouls sit underwater and over the skimmer basket. Now connect your vacuum to the port and turn on the filter. You are now vacuuming. I can post a pic tonight if you need one. Do not turn on the filter without having your vacuum plugged into the port.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I vacuumed last night exactly the way glock explained and it worked perfect. Just remember to turn the pump off before placing the skimmer lid down!

LOL. it sounds like you have dropped the lid in with it on too.

- - - Updated - - -

See below pic. This is the plate that comes with the aquador. I'll call them and see what they say

01a3212c860d53f3f2e52481018aca1d.jpg

I imagine they will tell you to take the rubber flapper thing off the skimmer. It doesn't really serve a purpose except to keep things from being accidentally put in that hole. I am assuming the aqua-door is to seal off the skimmer so no water comes out?

Really? All my stuff is brand new! My skimmer lid has the tabs and you push the handle towards the pool to unlatch them then take the lid straight up...no issue. Its how I get the skimmer basket out to clean out bugs...

They're referring to when the lid is down inside the skimmer being used in the vacuum position to create suction through the vacuum port, not when it's on top closing off the skimmer body.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.