Changes in Chlrine Loss

Jun 29, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I have been testing (probably over testing) my new pool and doubled my chlorine levels (not to full slam levels) until the overnight chlorine loss test passed; this was a recommendation -- instead of a full slam -- obtained in the forum since I was loosing exactly 1 ppm of Chlorine overnight and the water looked sparkling. The pool had not been used up to this point.

Then we started using the pool and after about a week, I decided to perform a overnight chlorine loss test and it lost 2 ppm! is this normal when actively using a pool? is the pool safe for continuous use?

During this period Chlorine hasn't drop below 3 ppm and CYA is between 20-30; I am still increasing CYA, just being careful since I don't want to overshoot.

Thanks

Which test kit are you using? and how are you testing?...sometimes I get to the point of trying to be so precise, I out-trick myself in seeing what is Not there

Also if you could post of full set of tests, that is very helpful

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.