I have been testing (probably over testing) my new pool and doubled my chlorine levels (not to full slam levels) until the overnight chlorine loss test passed; this was a recommendation -- instead of a full slam -- obtained in the forum since I was loosing exactly 1 ppm of Chlorine overnight and the water looked sparkling. The pool had not been used up to this point.
Then we started using the pool and after about a week, I decided to perform a overnight chlorine loss test and it lost 2 ppm! is this normal when actively using a pool? is the pool safe for continuous use?
During this period Chlorine hasn't drop below 3 ppm and CYA is between 20-30; I am still increasing CYA, just being careful since I don't want to overshoot.