Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New homemade swim spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Lantzville BC, Canada

Red face New homemade swim spa

I've just constructed a 14'x7'x4' steel swim spa powered by two large pumps. I expect that the 8 jets, attached to two manifolds will produce somewhere between 300 and 400 gpm but given that the spa is not up and running yet, I'm curious to know if anyone can comment on my anticipated water flow. I adopted the river flow design so the water is collected at one end and pumped out at the other.

Filtration is thru a standard cartridge type filter and a pond UV filter. Heating will be from my 740 gallon solar reservoir.

Any and all queries or comments are most welcome.

14' x 7' x 4' made of 1/8" steel re enforced with 1"x3" tubing at 3 levels along the side. Total of 6 panels each 7'x4'. Insulated with 1.5" standard house insulated Corning board. Heated primarily by a heat exchange radiator connected to my solar heated 740 gallon reservoir. River system design powered by 2 pumps thru 8 jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: New homemade swim spa

no guess on how much water movement, but interesting idea, have to post some pictures
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **