Need help from you experts. You have probably seen my older questions about conversion to Chlorine from Baquacil and my ongoing pool problems.... I thought I would start a new thread about the pump.
Am new pool owner. Only had it 5 weeks now. AG Proseries, soft vinyl, round 13,500 gallons with cartridge CHEAP pump. See pic of pump. It is a CP-2000c pump. There's no skimmer just return and supply lines.
Story.....The pump started making a humming sound and locked up. My husband tested the capacitor and it was dead. After replacing the capacitor the pump still doesn't work. It is shot!!! I called Polygroup to ask for a pump and they said it was under 180 days from date of purchase and since we purchased the pool at the end of 2015 season it is no longer under warranty. A new cartridge filter is $199 and there's no way I feel I should replace it. So.......
i need help help changing to a sand filter pump. We would like to purchase an automatic vacuum that is compatible as well.
here are my questions:
1. What brand sand filter pump?
2. What horse power?
3. What brand automatic vacuum?
4. Has anyone converted before from the cheapo cartridge pump to a sand filter pump?
5. Do I need to cut new return and supply lines? I have no skimmer.
6. If I need a skimmer I have heard of over the wall skimmers. What brand do I need?
thank you in advance for your guidance.