Light Blue substance build up on outgoing portion of Salt Generator

Jul 16, 2016
Hollidaysburg
Hi! Awesome site for those in need of REAL pool care support.

I have a 48" 28' above ground pool. I have used alt in it since I got it, about 4 years ago. This year I am notcing a very subtle film on the water. Upon further investigation I noticed that the salt generator had a blue residue (like think cream) on the inside of the outgoing area. I cleaned it and it looks great but I am just curious to know of anyone has seen anything like this?

Also the pool chloride is about 6 ppm, the acidity and the ph seem very low about 2 on the scal.

Forigve me if I am not articulate enough, I am not exactly sure how to relay the details, if you ask though I will do my best to get appropriate answers in the right format.

The pool water is awesome except for the very subtle film...

Thanks in advance! Time to go swim!

Hey there Netman :) Welcome to TFP. Is Hollidaysburg next to Altoona? If so, please add PA to your location. Not everyone knows that but Skippy is from Altoona so we knew it.:geek:

As to the pool question- how are you testing? Which kit do you use? Can you provide us with:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

How does your water look? What chemicals do you use in your pool?

Yippee :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.