New member with old pool, trying to recover from a year of "professional" service

Jul 16, 2016
Chesapeake, VA
New member with old pool, trying to recover from a year of "professional" service

Hello! Been lurking for a while but figured it's finally time to join.

Wife and I bought a house in 2014 which came with an old pool. In 2015, we paid for professional pool service. Took them several weeks and dozens of pounds and gallons of various chemicals to get it clear, and a couple months later they'd put so much stabilizer in the pool they told me I needed to empty it and refill most of the pool. There was enough algae by then to turn it green, but with help from this forum I cleared it up myself. In September our pool robot (which the pool service used without permission) expired, followed shortly thereafter by the Super Pump. After letting everything turn green again the pool service closed our pool, marking the end of our contract and our desire to pay purported professionals to "maintain" our pool.

After opening in June, I haven't yet found success trying to revive the pool myself, but I think I'm getting really close.

-Mark

Re: New member with old pool, trying to recover from a year of "professional" service

Welcome to TFP!

Ask away with any questions. With your TF-100 and liquid chlorine you should be able to clear it up.