This mornings readings-anything here to worry about?

Jun 2, 2016
Madera CA
FC 9.0 (overdid it with chlorine last night, generally do 7.0)
CC 0.0
pH 7.5
CYA 40
TA 70
CH 375
Yields CSI of +0.11

Water looks perfect, only problem is that I have been trying to maintain the pH at 7.2 to drive the CSI slightly negative. It just bounces right back to 7.5-7.8, and I feel like I am spending a fortune on MA. Also been adding baking soda the last week, and have gotten the TA up from 60 to 70. Its a 2.5 month old Pebble Fina dark colored finish, paranoid about calcium scaling since I am on well water. Anything I should be worried about?

Numbers are good. Stop raising TA, it is fine at 60 or even 50. Let it drop with your MA additions and see how it goes for a while. Good to keep your CSI slightly negative. Nice work! :thumleft:

Thanks for the input. The directions to the test kit say that TA of 100-120 was optimal, think that's what got me trying to raise it up some. Was hoping it would help keep my pH from jumping up constantly, which I understand is normal for new plaster. I have dumped the chlorine pucks and fired my pool guy, so officially on my own after five years of being completely clueless. Testing the water is actually kind of fun, I feel like "Sid the Science Kid".

Hey there Marne Doggie, Rubone! HooohAh! ::Yippee starts humming 3rd ID song "Dog Faced Soldier" like old times in Germany:::

Rubone, Borates are a good option but best left for after all TA & pH adjustments made and stable. Once the borates are added its more difficult to make changes.

Yippee :flower:

"I wouldn't give a bean, to be a fancy pants Marine...." Yes Sir, Yippee! I adjusted my TA and dropped my pH low then added the Borates. Then added more acid to compensate for the rise the Borates provided. But now.... My pH is so much more stable and I couldn't be happier. Because muriatic acid is much more expensive than liquid chlorine where I live... Stuttgart, huh? I was in 3ID at Ft Stewart, GA. About four years after they relocated there from Germany.

No water features, unfortunately. Plus my returns are not adjustable (just cut pipe), so I can't adjust them to break the surface.

*HelloooooNewmannnn* (are you also a mail carrier?) Well, since you're not looking to increase your pH with aeration at this point, not being able to adjust your returns is a moot point. Just see how well a lower TA helps in keeping your pH more stable, 'k?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.