Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pink algae

1. Back To Top    #1

pink algae

how do I get rid of the pink that is starting I have a 15 ft round pool with a sand filter it is 52 inches deep ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pink algae

Welcome to TFP!

We kill pink algae the same we kill regular algae, by following this process, SLAM. You will need a good test kit. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. I hve been buying my kit here for years. It is the best value, Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to TFP!

Something we need to ask before giving advice is what you are using to sanitize your pool. Pink algae is much more common with Baquacil pools than with chlorine or bromine. Are you using Baquacil, chlorine, or bromine to sanitize your pool?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

On that note, please fill out your signature so that we can better help you. More here on what to put in your signature and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach