The pool is ours...

aguyindallas

Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Little Elm, TX
Well, the builder has turned it over to us now and they are working on a few final punch list items. They gave me the proper set points for my pool (don't have those with me right now) and advised I buy a better kit than what they give us. I am pretty sure they use the TF100 or the K2006. Their cost is 97.00....and I know I can get it here for much less. Anyway, we have a Saltwater pool. Which kit is best for me to get and do I need to get any other test items (strips etc) to go with my kit?

Get one of the recommended test kits and add the Taylor K-1766 (I believe) salt test kit to it. I would buy (actually, I DID buy) the TF100.

I will pull the trigger on the TF100...but I am not sure I need the K-1766 only because my Intellichlor system tells me the salt PPM on the fly without any testing needed. Can anybody advise on me still needing the K-1766?

I will pull the trigger on the TF100...but I am not sure I need the K-1766 only because my Intellichlor system tells me the salt PPM on the fly without any testing needed. Can anybody advise on me still needing the K-1766?

A salt test is good to have to verify the SWCG is operating properly. It seem to be a common symptom that when the salt cell is dying it will give false low salt readings/false low salt warnings. If you only went by the SWCG in this situation, you would just keep adding more salt until you realized something wasn't right, ending up with high salt requiring water replacement.

I know many here only recommend the Taylor salt kit, but I find the AquaCheck salt strips accurate enough for this purpose; they've always been within 200ppm or so of my SWCG reading in my experience (when the SWCG is operating properly).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.