Mustard algae attack....shocking

Merda

Jun 16, 2015
Dallas, Tx
So I cleared up a rather nasty algae attack when by pump broke and it took 10 days to get a new one. After that I had a cloudy pool for several days and then I was very close to absolutely clear then I observed my almost clear pool begin to turn yellow and now very yellow green very quickly. I'm first wondering if this is the dreaded mustard algae. According to the calculator I needed some 300 ounces of 10% bleach to shock. I poured 4 gallons into my pool and saw absolutely no difference the next day.
I'm having trouble understanding shock. I was using powdered shock in 1 pound bags now I am using 10% chlorine in 1 gallon jugs. My pool is 8600 gallons and I need to know exactly what to add. If normal free chlorine should be 3 ppm and shock recommendation show close to 30 does that mean I need to pour in 10 gallons at a time?
Thanks I can use all the help I can get, I got three little girls really want to swim

So I cleared up a rather nasty algae attack when by pump broke and it took 10 days to get a new one. After that I had a cloudy pool for several days and then I was very close to absolutely clear then I observed my almost clear pool begin to turn yellow and now very yellow green very quickly. I'm first wondering if this is the dreaded mustard algae. According to the calculator I needed some 300 ounces of 10% bleach to shock. I poured 4 gallons into my pool and saw absolutely no difference the next day.
I'm having trouble understanding shock. I was using powdered shock in 1 pound bags now I am using 10% chlorine in 1 gallon jugs. My pool is 8600 gallons and I need to know exactly what to add. If normal free chlorine should be 3 ppm and shock recommendation show close to 30 does that mean I need to pour in 10 gallons at a time?
Thanks I can use all the help I can get, I got three little girls really want to swim

Please put your pool details and test kit you use into sig so ppl won't have to ask.
Please provide test results if you used TF-100 or K2006 otherwise don't bother and buy one of those instead.
Don't use tablets or anything else except liquid chlorine until you get reliable test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.