New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi. I was debating since last year if I should build my own BBQ or not and in the end I did not. That being said I wanted to post to show how it was built. I had grading considerations so that played a big part in my decision. If you have level ground and are handy you can do it for sure. Even w/o level ground just pay a landscaper to grade it for you, get a concrete person to pour the pad and start building! It is very time consuming. Two experienced stone guys took almost two weeks to build it. The cinder block was laid on the concrete base, "glued" down and then was filled with concrete and a piece of rebar was stuck in it. The next row of blocks was glued on using construction adhesive (liquid nails type stuff). Again filled with concrete and rebar. The rebar was short. Just enough to connect two blocks. The stone facing is Cambridge stone veneer and it was pre made corner pieces. The counter is soapstone and I had a counter company put it in. Note this is narrow and I needed to have electrical and plumbing before the counter was put in. Also, I noticed after the work was done that rebar pieces were not put in the top row of the bar height part. I was working about this with the counter. The builder said (of course) don't worry it's fine, they always do it like that, but I'm not so sure. There are braces under the counter but I wonder how strong the cement and construction adhesive are? Anyway if you have the time you can do it and save a lot of money. I just didn't want to spend 6 weekends doing it plus I learned a lot by watching and didn't have the confidence without seeing it done. Maybe I'll help a friend build one some day :)

Just need to finish the stone facing on the bar section.
28256349841_24f9256097_c.jpg

You can see the construction adhesive oozing out. It dried rock hard. Seems easier to chip cement than this stuff
28052734160_4a94acb6b4_c.jpg

Electrical and gas run in separate PVC tubes.
28231109102_805e2b2312_c.jpg

Before the counter was installed.
28052729190_5f88e47532_c.jpg

HOLY COW :shock:

That's a lot of CMU block!! When the nuclear bomb goes off above your house, the only thing left will be that outdoor kitchen.

Nice layout!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.