Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing suction side valves under water level

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Replacing suction side valves under water level

Hey TFP'ers,

I am replacing the suction side of a circulation system inside the pool shed. The equipment is below the water level. Admittedly, I forgot to look if there is a loop outside the shed so I am wondering if there are any tricks that would prevent water from feeding into shed once I cut away the 2 valves on suction side. I assume I can just position the filter head to closed to prevent flow from return side. I can also plug the skimmer but there is another valve for main drain. Both valves tee into the front of pump.

I realize dropping water level will do the trick but it's balanced, heated water in the pool so trying to avoid if at all possible.

Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Replacing suction side valves under water level

Glad the water is warm Dive in, remove the drain covers and bung them. Pump OFF and make sure someone is watching over you if you weight yourself down.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting