Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reminder.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Reminder.....

Check those DE filters regardless of what the pressure gauge says!

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reminder.....

Ooo that looks nasty.
    Steve.
    30,000L (8,000g) Pebblecrete | Davey 3sp Eco pump | Poolrite sand filter & SWCG |
    Waterco solar panels & Astral E140 pump| K2006, CCL reagents, BlueDevil pH, Salt meter & K1766 | Town water - pH 7.2, TA 50, CH 60 | Esky full of coldies |

3. Back To Top    #3

It was. Builder told me he cleaned it after construction. I was getting no flow light on the salt cell. Gauge read normal. Time to replace the guage but my pool has never been cleaner.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

I was thinking there may be an issue with the guage, how about the flow from the returns, was that reduced?
    Steve.
    30,000L (8,000g) Pebblecrete | Davey 3sp Eco pump | Poolrite sand filter & SWCG |
    Waterco solar panels & Astral E140 pump| K2006, CCL reagents, BlueDevil pH, Salt meter & K1766 | Town water - pH 7.2, TA 50, CH 60 | Esky full of coldies |

5. Back To Top    #5

I never really noticed any reduction in flow. Not sure that I paid attention to the flow initially.

6. Back To Top    #6

That actually doesn't look all that bad. Pretty typical for DE. Sounds like your pressure gauge is screwed up. I replaced mine with a liquid filled high precision gauge that reads 0-30psi in 0.5psi increments. Much easier to see pressure fluctuations. Be careful with the high flow manual air relief valve on the top of the filter. They are very easy to crack if you over-tighten them.

I have an oversized QuadDE on my pool and I no longer backwash. I just tear it down and fully clean it every 6 months.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

yeah, looks normal for me. I also stopped backwashing and just break it down every year. I can tell by the water sheer if the pressure is getting high.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir