Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shtocrete Crack cause for concern?

1. Back To Top    #1

Shtocrete Crack cause for concern?

I have stopped posting on pool progress as I appear to be "Capt. Buzzkill", but it's just been a nightmare. So one more question, shotcrete was done Dec. 15 of last year, the 28 day test result showed it was at 6,028 PSI.

Our 2nd pool deck was finished 2 weeks ago (long story) and now I am waiting on a custom iron gate. Plaster should be done at some point hopefully this year

So I am out cleaning all the debris out of the pool when I notice this crack. It's in the middle of the pool on the bottom, it does not run in in a straight line but basically runs across the entire bottom of the pool. this is in the transition from deep end to shallow end. Normal, should I be concerned?

I just wanted to see what you guys thought, I did advise the PB. epoxy? leave it?

I guess I just want it to hold for few years as we are most likely moving after we get this finally done.

Edit: its small, using a feeler gauge its about 1/32- 1/64" or less in places

33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Shtocrete Crack cause for concern?

Hairline cracks are very typical in gunite/Shotcrete. That appears to be a shrinkage crack which shouldn't be of too much concern and can easily be filled.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

Your PB will deal with that as part of the plaster process.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

You're moving after the pool is finished??
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Believe we will be moving to Frisco, TX in the next couple years, I can transfer out there as can my wife. I visited the office last week, $$ goes a LOOOONNNNGGGG way out there.

Thanks for the info, PB did get back with me as said it was shrinkage.
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.