Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moving bove ground filter and pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Moving bove ground filter and pump

First, let me say you guys are great! I have learned a lot from your forum.

I have an Intex 12 x 24 ultra frame pool.Krystal Clear Ozone & Saltwater System model ZS8110. Model SF80110 pump. How far can I extend the lines move the pump without creating any issues? Because of poor planning on our part the pump and SWG are under a deck and difficult to get to. We need to move them at least 15 feet.

Thanks, Char

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moving bove ground filter and pump

Sorry I can't help, but hopefully someone with some knowledge regarding this will come along soon & post.

All I can do is offer the information that the SF80110 is a 1/2HP pump & 1650 GPH. (I have the SF70110 and the specs for the SF80110 are also listed on my manual).
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes my manual says it's 1650 gph pump, but Intex tells me it's really 2100 gph. Seems to pump OK and pool is really clear but I do run it a lot. I plan on upgrading it, but not this year.
    Intex 12 x 24 Ultra Frame, SF80110 sand filter & pump, ZS8110 SWG, Intex surface skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

You should be able to get away with 15 feet or a little more, but I wouldn't go any farther than I had to. I assume that you're going to use hoses.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool to hose to hard plumb and hose to pump. This way movement of the pool and any vibration of the pump won't cause any leaks. And also less bends.
    Intex 12 x 24 Ultra Frame, SF80110 sand filter & pump, ZS8110 SWG, Intex surface skimmer