Placement of Chlorine Tank

I use a 5 gallon bucket as my tank. It is made of thick HDPE plastic. I buried it most of the way because I found that my concrete pad got so hot in the direct sun it was cooking my bleach in the bucket. My bucket is now still in direct sunlight all day with zero shade. Ive decided to use 8.25% bleach for it's longer stability, and I normally only put 2 gallons in my bucket at a time. I feed about a quart a day to my pool, so 2 gallons lasts me plenty long enough, and even in 100 degree heat, should stay close enough to 8.25% to keep me happy.

So my biggest piece of advice is do not set your container on the concrete pad. Providing shade is up to you.

I too buried my 5 gal bucket about 3/4 into the ground beside my pad for this reason.
I am thinking of getting a 55gal barrel of 12.5%, and doing the same thing.

I wrapped my bucket with one of these products when I first set up my stenner. I placed the bucket on my concrete pad, and on one 90 degree day I decided to stick a thermometer in there to see how hot the bleach was...and it was 98 degrees, hotter than the outside air.

So, no matter what you wrap the thing in, don't set it on the concrete pad (since your pad gets full sun and gets really hot, like mine did).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.