New to the site

Jun 28, 2016
Tewksbury, MA
Hi everyone! I found this site through a google search about solar heaters. I am in the process of buying my family house from my mother. The pool has been around almost as long as I have, so I know just enough to be dangerous. I would say I have handled all the big maintenance on the pool for the last 10 years, but I have not been involved much in the day to day running of the pool. I don't know much about the chemical side of the pool yet (to me it is just toss 2 scoops of the granular in the skimmer basket and call it a day). I look forward to learning more about the daily maintenance and chemical balance of the pool. I have already found some great tips on the site, especially doing a deep cleaning on the sand filter. In the past all we did was scoop out some of the sand and replace it with new, so that will be something I do this fall for sure. I am also looking for some economical ways to heat the pool, since it is usually pretty chilly. There is a lot going on right now, so not sure how much I will get done this summer, but figured I should introduce myself and get active on the message boards

Thanks!