Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the site

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the site

Hi everyone! I found this site through a google search about solar heaters. I am in the process of buying my family house from my mother. The pool has been around almost as long as I have, so I know just enough to be dangerous. I would say I have handled all the big maintenance on the pool for the last 10 years, but I have not been involved much in the day to day running of the pool. I don't know much about the chemical side of the pool yet (to me it is just toss 2 scoops of the granular in the skimmer basket and call it a day). I look forward to learning more about the daily maintenance and chemical balance of the pool. I have already found some great tips on the site, especially doing a deep cleaning on the sand filter. In the past all we did was scoop out some of the sand and replace it with new, so that will be something I do this fall for sure. I am also looking for some economical ways to heat the pool, since it is usually pretty chilly. There is a lot going on right now, so not sure how much I will get done this summer, but figured I should introduce myself and get active on the message boards

Thanks!
    30K Gal (20x40), IG vinyl, Hayward S-240 sand filter, 1.5HP Hayward Super Pump, installed in 1984 (replaced liner and 1 skimmer in 2015) Granular CH, Dolphin Triton cleaning robot, basic test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the site

Welcome to TFP! Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!