New Member with a great big Thanks!!!

irishal

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2009
Edmond, OK
I'm a new member but have been lurking a while. I opened my 30ft AG pool about 4 weeks ago to a big green mess. Numerous trips to the pool store.....you need this chemical, now this chemical, ok next you need to add our special chemical.....seriously close to $300 later and my pool was still green and I was sooo close to staying tear the thing down. I discovered TFP after scouring the internet to help my woes. My 3 kids were chomping to get into the pool "c'mon dad fix it!!!", my wife was scheduling pool parties and I still had a nasty mess. I followed the BBB method to the letter......4 days later (yes 4 days!!!) I have a crystal clear pool......wayyyyyy more sparkling than it was last year. I used Pristine Blue last year in my pool and it was OK....expensive....but OK. I know I have copper in my pool and have added a sequestering agent, but I am SOOOO done with the pool store and their pristine blue, lith based shock etc....etc.
I took responsibility for my own pool and what goes in it, educated myself by spending hours reading these forums, and now I spend maybe 10 mins tops a night after we're done checking and topping off the bleach. I was never sooo excited about a week ago when my FC finally held overnight at shock levels.
I ordered my TFPtestkit today so I can stop taking my water to the pool store to test, although it was somewhat enjoyable to walk out of there having them test it and then not buy anything.
Thank you again to everyone that has posted invaluable information on here!!!!

:nopic:

We're gonna need pics!

Welcome to TFP and learning the BBB!

irishal said:
everything that makes complete sense

I found this forum after going to the pool store for my first time. I was very uneducated and they completely took advantage of me. Told me to use CH (I have a vinyl pool and told them that) gave me a bunch of shock and tablets with no plan on how to keep the chlorine in my pool and to top it off told me to hold a TA level of 170 and sold me some super expensive "Total Alkalinity Raiser" (a.k.a baking soda). Well, 135 dollars later and my pool still doesnt have the chlorine it needs. :rant: Needless to say I am done with the pool store and I owe it all to TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.