Paralyzed by analyzing: semi-inground ok? chloring or saltwater?

Jul 15, 2016
charlotte
It's so hard to know what I've read on the web about these issues because everyone who posts opinions (except apparently here :) ) seems to be linked with their product. I've got to pull the trigger on ordering a pool today or the wife will kill me. I THOUGHT I'd settled on the Saltwater 8000 from the pool factory but have since found a couple of companies AND now found SPP who has in-ground kit and more imaginative desgins. I've very handy as a contractor so am not scared to undertake BUT don't want to make wrong decision.

Also, the wife has read that we need to go to Saltwater because it wont mess up her and her friend's hair coloring and better for skin. I've heard the saltwater is better but more expensive to maintain (filter system?) and still need chemicals. I've had chlorine pools but never saltwater.

Sooo...

1. Can I go wrong with this model (54" resin pool 12x18 oval)
2. If so, uni-bead liner or overlapping?
3. Chlorine vs. saltwater

PLEASE - any honest input is appreciated and saves another divorce :)

THANK YOU!!

Confused in Carolina

Welcome to the forum! I don't know ANYTHING about building a pool as I bought the house with pool already installed. But there are plenty on here who have or are currently building. Check out the Equipment - Build, Use and Repair forum.

By salt water pool, I assume you mean one with a salt water chlorine generator. You do add salt to the pool but then the SWG cell creates chlorine from it. So....you still have a chlorine pool. As long as you keep the water balanced using TFPC methods, the troubles you speak of are minimized. A properly maintained chlorine pool does not have that over-powering chlorine smell that you get at hotel pools or the YMCA.

I'm sure someone who knows about building will chime in but in the meantime, head over to Pool School and start learning about how to keep this pool immaculate once the building is done!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.