Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multiport valve hiss

1. Back To Top    #1

Multiport valve hiss

had air leak in jandy valve, new seals fixed it. I prime great now, but I loose prime slowly when pump is off.

I listened carefully and hear a hiss coming from the top of the multiport valve (pentair 2' DE). I am going to replace the spider gasket. Anything else I should replace while I am in there that may be causing the leak?

Thank you in advance. All here have been great in answering questions and I have never once needed the pool store to come do work! (besides the closing and re-plaster reno)
    30K gal IG w/ hot tub
    Pentair DE filter, 2 single speed pumps

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Multiport valve hiss

Is any water leaking out of the multiport valve around the bolts or center below the handle when the pump is running? If so, numbers 20 and 23 in the following link may also need replacing.
    PENTAIR Multiport Valve Replacement Parts
    If not, replacing the spider gasket only may solve the issue. Be sure to clean and lube the valve top o-ring (#20) before re-assembly.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Multiport valve hiss

I'll check on any leaks tonight. Thanks for the input.
    30K gal IG w/ hot tub
    Pentair DE filter, 2 single speed pumps