My Pool Is Very Warm

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
too warm for me but my wife likes it. I like to jump in have the water have a bit of bite. The good news is I don't think I will need to install a solar pool heater for this pool. Our old one was on the East/North side of the house and had trees within about 20'. So it got 3-4 hrs of full sun a day. This pool is on the south/west side of the house so gets full sun nearly all day.

It doesn't bother me all that much. Mostly I keep thinking that warm water = algae bloom. I've been there once and don't want to be there ever again. Yes, I know it's not really rational - lots of people have pool heaters and no algae but.... :p

I have a pair of these misters installed on two of my returns. Before I installed water temp was going into 90s. I live outside Atlanta and air temps have been mid 90s. I run at night and water temp is 78 in morning and gets up to about 82 by sunset (I get full sun 8:30 am- 6:00 pm). Love these.
218iP2vFUzL.jpg

My water hit 91 today. Earlier this week it was at 91 by late afternoon so I ran my cooler for 14 hours. At 6:30 AM it was down 9 degrees(82). I have a thread here where I give my steps how I made it...very simple and inexpensive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
South Texas AGP here. Mine has consistently stayed in the mid 80's this year. I only run my pump from 12am-9am, circulating the cooler water at night. I let the warm water rest on the upper layers of the pool during the day without disturbing it (unless of course we're swimming). Seems to work, as the last few years my pool has always had water in the lower 90's by this time of summer whilst running the pump during the daylight hours.

I wish my pool was warm! It only gets full sun for a few hours. Even during a heat wave (100 degree highs) it only gets up to about 79 unless we use our (homemade coil) solar system and cover. The highest we have ever gotten it was like 86 degrees. Then again we are bad at remembering to put the cover on.

Even up here in Canada the pools are getting warm with the heat wave. My pool is 87 but that is helped by a solar heating system that adds a few degrees per day. I don't know that I would want it much warmer than this.

Wow, 96?!?! Our peak this summer was today at 92, but the temp will drop quickly based on my "vast" three months of experience, and some overnight assistance from our waterfalls. 85-86 is my favorite temperature. Heck, we were swimming in the seventies, LOL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.