Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Pool Is Very Warm

1. Back To Top    #1

My Pool Is Very Warm

too warm for me but my wife likes it. I like to jump in have the water have a bit of bite. The good news is I don't think I will need to install a solar pool heater for this pool. Our old one was on the East/North side of the house and had trees within about 20'. So it got 3-4 hrs of full sun a day. This pool is on the south/west side of the house so gets full sun nearly all day.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Pool Is Very Warm

My water temp is in the mid 90s as well. You can try to lower the temp a little with a fountain or aerator like the one below. It could increase pH a little, but also help bring the temp down to where the pool doesn't feel like a bath.

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

It doesn't bother me all that much. Mostly I keep thinking that warm water = algae bloom. I've been there once and don't want to be there ever again. Yes, I know it's not really rational - lots of people have pool heaters and no algae but....
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine is very warm right now, too. Mornings are still pleasant, but late afternoons and evenings are well above 90. Not unusual for this time of year.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I have a pair of these misters installed on two of my returns. Before I installed water temp was going into 90s. I live outside Atlanta and air temps have been mid 90s. I run at night and water temp is 78 in morning and gets up to about 82 by sunset (I get full sun 8:30 am- 6:00 pm). Love these.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

My water hit 91 today. Earlier this week it was at 91 by late afternoon so I ran my cooler for 14 hours. At 6:30 AM it was down 9 degrees(82). I have a thread here where I give my steps how I made it...very simple and inexpensive.

7. Back To Top    #7

I just took some quick pics of my cooler and fill fountain. When the water is 90, the city water feels like ice water.

8. Back To Top    #8

95 here

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

9. Back To Top    #9

Brutal here. Pretty bad when you have to pee in the pool to cool yourself off!
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

10. Back To Top    #10

I like your deck! (red one) and that metallic Sun decoration.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

11. Back To Top    #11

South Texas AGP here. Mine has consistently stayed in the mid 80's this year. I only run my pump from 12am-9am, circulating the cooler water at night. I let the warm water rest on the upper layers of the pool during the day without disturbing it (unless of course we're swimming). Seems to work, as the last few years my pool has always had water in the lower 90's by this time of summer whilst running the pump during the daylight hours.
    The Pool Factory Melenia 30'x54" Round semi-inground pool 25ga overlap liner
    Hayward SP15922S Power Flo Matrix 1hp 2-speed pump
    Hayward DE3620 Progrid 36 square-foot vertical grid DE filter
    Hayward SP0710XR50 Pro-series Vari-flow backwash valve
    ~22,000 gallons

12. Back To Top    #12

Our pool water hit 90 today and we enjoyed it. It doesn't get this warm often here.
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

13. Back To Top    #13

94F here. Heat index was 117F today.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

14. Back To Top    #14

Pool temp is 92° here in Louisville, KY.

15. Back To Top    #15

I wish my pool was warm! It only gets full sun for a few hours. Even during a heat wave (100 degree highs) it only gets up to about 79 unless we use our (homemade coil) solar system and cover. The highest we have ever gotten it was like 86 degrees. Then again we are bad at remembering to put the cover on.
    15k gal freeform sport pool with rock waterfall. Replastered 5/2016 with Tahoe Blue Quartzscapes
    Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit
    Jacuzzi 2002 J 310

16. Back To Top    #16

Even up here in Canada the pools are getting warm with the heat wave. My pool is 87 but that is helped by a solar heating system that adds a few degrees per day. I don't know that I would want it much warmer than this.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

17. Back To Top    #17

Yeah this time of year ours is in the mid 90's +/- .... bath water.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

18. Back To Top    #18

Warm water does not necessarily equal algae, as long as you maintain proper check levels.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

19. Back To Top    #19

96F today. Should get rain in a couple of days and it will cool a bit.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

20. Back To Top    #20

Wow, 96?!?! Our peak this summer was today at 92, but the temp will drop quickly based on my "vast" three months of experience, and some overnight assistance from our waterfalls. 85-86 is my favorite temperature. Heck, we were swimming in the seventies, LOL.
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast