The green monster....

Jul 11, 2016
Oklahoma
Tested the cya and FC this eve after receiving my tf-100 today (lightning quick shipment). Both were at 0 and the pool is green. Question is do I need to get the pool cleared up a bit before adding the stabilizer to bring the cya up? I've added 8.25% bleach to get the FC up to 12ppm trying to get a jump on the SLAM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have it backward.
Set the CYA level and then use that to determine the FC level required according to the FC/CYA Chart
I've seen that and know the system, but I've had the FC level raised to 12 since last night when there was no cya present to get a head start on the SLAM. I'll add the stabilizer to get my cya up to 30 or so. My question was can I add the stabilizer to get the cya up, no matter what the FC level is right now. Then adjust the FC according to the cya level after testing.

Yes, the FC level does not impact the ability to add CYA.
Thanks, all this is so new to me! Lol!
Going from chlorine tablets and shock powder and whatever else you can buy at Walmart. I truly appreciate all the help, and my pool has gone from nasty green yesterday to off great/blue today! I have a feeling I'm on my way to clear water!!

Likely the liquid stabilizer should show up on the test as soon as it has circulated (a few hours). But just use PoolMath to calculate how much you need to add for a given target and assume you are at that right away.

Recommended Pool Chemicals should explain how to add everything (I think liquid stabilizer is covered there). Should be able to just pour it in front of a return jet to help it mix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.