No FC or CYA eveb with SWG

Jul 14, 2016
Duson, La
Hi, im new to the pool world and im having a hard time getting a FC and CYA reading. Last night i added 25oz of stabilizer in a stocking over my return. 9 oz of pH down bc my pH was 7.8 an 128 oz of 10% liquid chlorine. Tested it tonight and my readings were:
FC-0
pH-7.5
TA-80
CH-200
CYA-0
My question is even with my SWG why is my FC and CYA not showing? What should i do?

Welcome to TFP!

What was your cya target?

With little CYA in the water, the FC will all be lost to the sun during the day. And since there is no FC in the water, algae could be stated too.

What test kit are you using?
Please fill out your signature.

Sorry. It will not let me do signature on my phone. And no acess to a computer right now.
CYA target is 5. Test kit is the HTH 6-way test strip. Which test for FC pH TA CH CYA.
Im in the state of Louisiana.
18x48 6423gals, AG vinyl, intex SWG/sand CS20110, built 4/16

... Test kit is the HTH 6-way test strip. Which test for FC pH TA CH CYA.
Im in the state of Louisiana.
18x48 6423gals, AG vinyl, intex SWG/sand CS20110, built 4/16

It helps if you put that info in your signature next time you get to your computer so you don't have to repeat and ppl here- ask.

First and foremost I'd buy one of test kits recommended here (TF-100 / K2006) as I'm afraid you're not measuring anything with those strips. The recommended kits behave predictably and even refill reagents produce the same results as the original ones. I know, they're supposed to if they're of 'test grade' but somehow pool stores manage to differ in water analysis results of the same sample by hundreds of %.

You are moving in the right direction.

Keep adding Chlorine, until your SWG can keep up. Also keep track of how much CYA you add. Your target should be 70-80 ppm, not the lower amount recommended by Intex.

A good test kit helps lots.

oops how long do you run your SWG? I run mine 6 hours a day, less in the spring and the fall.

Sorry. It will not let me do signature on my phone.

From your phone, instead of using the Tapatalk app use the phone's Internet browser to access the site. Scroll to the bottom and choose "Full Site", scroll back to the top and sign in, then click "Settings" to set up your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.