Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: mayangelstar

1. Back To Top    #1

mayangelstar

Hello everyone,

My name is Veronica. My family of 6 just moved from Ohio to Texas and are the proud owners of a new to us home and pool! It's a SWG and 16,500 gallons.
    We have never taken care of a pool before and I'm trying to learn everything I can.
    Right now I'm trying to SLAM it. It's got crystal clear blue water but little spots of algae growing on the walls and will not hold chlorine.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: mayangelstar

Hi and welcome!

Have you ordered a recommended testkit yet?
    Pool School - Test Kits Compared

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Hi and welcome!

Have you ordered a recommended testkit yet?
    Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    Yes, I got the TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by mayangelstar View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Veronica. My family of 6 just moved from Ohio to Texas and are the proud owners of a new to us home and pool! It's a SWG and 16,500 gallons.
    We have never taken care of a pool before and I'm trying to learn everything I can.
    Right now I'm trying to SLAM it. It's got crystal clear blue water but little spots of algae growing on the walls and will not hold chlorine.

Welcome, Veronica.

As someone who grew up in Ohio and now lives just south of you, I can definitely say you'll appreciate the length of the swimming season here in Houston. Growing up, the pool was open between Memorial Day and Labor Day only. Down here, we never formally "close" the pool, and the season is at least 6 months long (longer if we fire up the heater!). We use the spa all year 'round.

Enjoy your new pool!
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir