Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spill over spa rising after 6 years

1. Back To Top    #1

Spill over spa rising after 6 years

TRIAC 90 SPILL OVER SPA, PLUMBED, WHITE - Northeastern Swimming Pool Distributors

The spa i have that over flows into the pool.

Over the coarse of 6 years its unlevel and rising up, which doesnt make sense?

How can the spa raise up?

Raised up about 2 inches on 1 side.

I do live in michigan, so maybe doing it in the winter?

I looked at pictures from the first year we got the pool, and its defiantly raising up on 1 side.
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Spill over spa rising after 6 years

frost heave is the only thing I can think of, unless you have really strong moles digging mounds under it..

Do you know when it was dug was it dug out under the frost line and then filled with rock/gravel back to level, I am not exactly sure how they do it...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Spill over spa rising after 6 years

We have black clay here that can expand and contract a lot based on moisture levels. Our whole pool raised about 3/8" due to uneven moisture levels in the soil. Fortunately, managing soil moisture levels has gotten things under better control since then.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach