Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: You know you are addicted to TFP when...

1. Back To Top    #1

You know you are addicted to TFP when...

My DH and I were watching Major Crimes and there was a body in the pool. I turned to my hubby and said "That'll really mess up the chems." How crazy is that?!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: You know your addicted to TFP when...

If you ever need to cover up a murder, leave the body in the pool and SLAM it for a week.
    25,000 Gallons Inground, Gunite
    DE, Hayward Filter
    Loud pump
    Hayward navigator cleaner, leaf hose suction

3. Back To Top    #3

We watched the Breaking Bad series when we got our pool. Woo.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

....when you start posting to TFP while you're on vacation!

{wife threatened to throw my cellphone in the hotel pool if she saw Tapatalk running....I politely informed her that would throw off the water balance and would not be a nice thing to do to the sad little pool CPO dude...dope-slap ensued}
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by weird_tolkienish_f View Post
    If you ever need to cover up a murder, leave the body in the pool and SLAM it for a week.
    I think you forgot that TFP shock level FC is still less active chlorine than you would get in a non stabilized public pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Matt: Just wait until she catches you doing it on a cruise with pay by the minute internet
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    We watched the Breaking Bad series when we got our pool. Woo.
    Cold open of toy eyeball floating in the pool. BEST GRABBER EVER!
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

8. Back To Top    #8

You let your pool go just so you can have a SLAM journal.
    Phoenix AZ: 8,000 gallon IG Pebbletec salt water pool, Triton 2 Sand Filter, 1.5hp pump, intellichlor SWG, AG hottub.

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: You know you are addicted to TFP when...

.......The first page of "new posts" says the posts haven't been updated since your last visit....
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by borjis View Post
    .......The first page of "new posts" says the posts haven't been updated since your last visit....
    I get that alot!
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

.....when you are catching up on the threads in your husband's hospital room (he's asleep)
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

12. Back To Top    #12

Hope he's okay...!!!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Hope he's okay...!!!
    Yes, thankfully it was nothing life threatening. Scary at the time though. We are home now.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

14. Back To Top    #14

...husband asks if there have been any interesting pool stories lately, like a dead deer in the pool.
    19,000 gallons, Well Water
    Stay-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter
    IG vinyl, MasterTemp 400 Propane heater
    Intellichlor 40 SWG, 2006 Taylor Test Kit with Speed Stirrer
    1.5 HP Pump

15. Back To Top    #15

...when you just have to convince your friend to ditch the pool store dude that has been hosing us both on our pools because we were newbies to go all in on TFP method. Instead of dropping another $67 on PhosFree and algaecide like I did a few weeks ago I decided go all in on the TFP method and slammed my pool for 3 days and my water has never looked better. I check my numbers daily and add accordingly and everyday my husband comes home and compliments me on how beautiful and clean the pool is and how I did a good job at researching and stopping the bleed on the checkbook to the pool store. Was the slam a heck of a lot of work with checking my chorine every few hours, sanitizing all pool toys, brushing, vacuuming, and skimming daily manically? Yes! But was it worth it...HECK YEAH! I thought I had him convinced but then his wife told me today he took a sample to the pool dude who claims his CYA was 30 and it was 80 last week and on Sunday when I tested it he had a 73 ON MY RELIABLE KIT and he has drained no water. The pool store dude had us convinced that as long as there were between 1 and 4 ppm on FC then we were good on chlorine so the next time he has a hot mess of algae and I don't maybe that will convince him. RANT OVER...LOL
    22' Round x 52" deep Coleman AGP, 12,500 gallons. Filled 5-1-16. XtremePowerUSA 4500 GPH 19" Sand Filter w/1.5 HP Pump. Hayward Dyna-Skim In The Wall Skimmer. Hard Plumbed w/2" PVC. PVC Aerator. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner. Whitesboro, TX (North Texas). Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Comp Chorine FAS-DPD. Use The Pool Math App By Trouble Free Pool For Logging.