Pool cleaner trianing

cj3737

Jun 14, 2016
North Ogden, UT
So Ive read a bunch of horror stories of people hiring pool companies to come in and fix the issues with their pools... Some fix, some annihilate... Either way, the customers are charged an arm and a leg in overhead and chemicals for "professionals" to come in and do what they think is right.. My question is, What in their eyes is right? Is there some kind of training class or program that is taught where these folks become pros? What does it take to get licensed?

Ive only been with TFP about a month an I can already tell this method is far more professional than any pool company. Didn't have to sell my kids to afford a sparkling clean pool. Ive spent maybe $500 bucks since I opened but that included a new pump/filter since my old one was shot...

There is the CPO class that some operators must take ... although there is thread on the forum outlining the things that are wrong in that training ;)

Pretty sad that the more you know, the more you realize just how often the pool industry "experts" really do not have a grasp of the science.

Most owners don't question the science anyways...Blindly handing over thousands....
ITs all so interesting to me... especially seeing the results

Can I help a friend in need? Can I make a few bucks on the side? Can I right some wrongs that big corp has pushed into service?

Food for thought....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.