Pentair Easytouch with VS configuration

isriam

Jan 15, 2015
PHX
Does anyone have hints on how to make the pentair automation run a VS pump at different speeds for different times of the day? I'd like to set the pool on like Pool as 1500rpm for 6 hours and then Pool high as 3k rpm for 2 hours. I'm not finding the pentair as easy to manage as the jandy.

I have an Easytouch and VS pump and learned to program it myself. The User Guide is OK -- though a little background in Logic Controller programming helps!

You would set your POOL circuit for the entire time (say 8AM to 4PM) with the Intelliflo Setting for the POOL at 1500 RPM. Then create a FEATURE Circuit (you can rename it if you like) for two hours within the time you have set for POOL (say 2PM to 4PM) with the Intelliflo Setting for that Circuit at 3000 RPM.

The Pump will always use the Higher RPM circuit.

I hope that helps ---- good luck.

Menu>Settings>Intelliflo>pump 1(99.9% of the time)

Following this sequence gets you to the menu to program speeds to the different circuits. Once you set the speeds, you can go to schedules menu and set times for the different circuits.

thanks guys, i'll check it out. One issue I had was I created a feature 1 at 3k rpm. Then when I went into the main menu there is an option called F. Circuits or something, I turned Feature 1 on, and it seemed to stay on. I'll see if once I have feature 1 as 3k rpm if I can get it configured in the VS menu. I've dug around a lot but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Do not turn on the Feature on Feature Circuit page. Go to the Schedules and set up your Feature Circuit to run at the time you wish. Remember that the higher RPM circuit will supersede other circuits scheduled at the same time.

Good Luck.

thanks, so basically set feature 1 to 3k rpm in the pump menu, and then set schedule feature 1 to 6pm-8pm?

pool 2krpm - 8am-8:15pm
feature 1 3krpm - 6pm-8pm

is that basically what i want? i saw custom usernames, can i not rename feature 1 to pool high?

That should work. FYI - you can probably run the PUMP setting at a lower RPM so that your IC40 is happy. Saves some electric cost. I am in the desert too and run my pump much less but also have a much smaller pool.

Take care.

thanks! yes, the ic40 died today, so now i'm stuck with manual chlorine again for a bit. i tried it at 1900rpm and thats as low as i can go. my hayward i could run at 1100. when i get a new ic40 i'll start testing again, until then i will probably drop down to about 1k for normal pool usage, but popups are new to me so learning how to manage them also.

You need to have at least 12" of straight pipe before the IC40 to be able to use the lowest pump rates. I run mine at 1400 RPM but I have seen others get to 1100 RPM or so.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine runs fine at 1100 rpm. Actually it runs at 900 rpm with an occasional flow error. I have no straight pipe in front of my cell. Pics of my equipment pad in link in sig. Not that I am advocating not following the installation instructions but my PB did not and it has worked fine for 4+ swim seasons.

It is odd how variable the RPM needed for the SWCG can vary so much. My initial install had a tube turn right at the inlet to the IC40 and with that I had to run at 2100 RPM to not get a flow error. Changed the plumbing to get the 12" straight pipe and it lowered to the 1400 RPM needed now. I wonder if you can run at the low RPM because your unit is on an incline angle from inlet to outlet? Mine is level.

Take care.

i'll measure mine. i was wondering about that the other day, this is a new pool for me. my last pool i installed my swc myself so i put 12". this one looks more like 6-9. I have enough space to move it to be a full 12 though.

The straight pipe has little to do with the flow switch. Much more can be said about the type of filter (and how clean it is), a multiport backwash valve (very restrictive), and the heater (also very restrictive). The flow switch can be manipulated to make contact at lower flow rates. I'm not advocating doing that but sometimes these things happen.

i'll test once i clean everything. im sure the filter is disgusting. i purchased this home and the pool was maintained by a pool store. they drop tablets in, even though its salt. i cleaned the swg last week, and the inspect cell came on again yesterday. i pulled the cell out and every blade had white deposits across it blocking flow. i cleaned it again, and it still flashes inspect cell. i think its done for. a jandy valve broke, so i'm working on that also. i swear i dont know how normal people afford to pay pool guys to repair all this stuff. i'm going to call the pool builder (2013 pool) to find out what is under warranty though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.