Anyone dealt with DiscountSaltpool and happy with them?

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
Ordered a SWG on the 5th. waited and waited no confirmation on shipment. Called and asked for shipping status, was told it's on back order and won't ship for another week. A week later called, still on back order and probably not ship until the following week.

I have a lot of things being done around the pool and wanted this SWG here when we're doing the rest of the stuff. Things kept on getting pushed back and pushed back with no end dates because of the delay. I would rather them notify me of the back order and an actual shipment date so I can make arrangements. Instead I have to call weekly to only be given a maybe answer. If I knew it would be this late, I would just order it elsewhere. First and last purchase with this company for me.

I purchased a Circupool from them during their Fathers Day sale this year - ordered on June 15th and received an automated response quickly after the order confirming the sale. Received my SWG it about a week or less later. I had a follow up question I sent over on a Friday evening (outside business hours) and I received a reply Monday morning when the office opened.

They shipped quickly for me, I'm guessing it was in stock and ready to go.

Ordering pool equipment can be tricky especially during the height of the swim and pool build season. It is very easy for wholesalers and retail shops to run out of stock and then they have to fall back on the equipment manufacturers to restock. If it's outside a production run schedule, then your at the mercy of the equipment maker. It's always best to call a retail outfit and confirm that what you want us in stock and ready to ship.

That said, you are being treated poorly. I would suggest that you escalate your situation to the next level of sales/service as opposed to just talking to whatever operator you get on the phone. The first level reps basically can't do anything but read off a script to you. DSP should, if they ever want your business again, either refund part of the price, give you free overnight shipping or some benefit for your troubles. Only a sales manager will be able to do that for you.

Good luck.

I doubt theyll do that as I got the one up free upgrade deal already.

The Customer service guy (Nathan) was being a jerk whenever I told him that I expected them to eat up the expedited fees.

This was how the conversion went in short

Me: where's my order
Him: your order is on back order we probably won't receive the orders until thursday. (Told me similar story a week prior)
Me: I need a firm answer to when it'll ship, I need to get my work planned.
Him: then I suggest u count it on not shipping till Monday and it'll take 3 to 4business days to get to you.
Me: would u guys expedite the shipping?
Him: yah we can, I can give u quote.
Me: no, I think u guys should pay for expedite freight to me since the order is delayed 3 weeks.
Him: no we won't pay for it, you are exaggerating the lead time.
Me: ordered July 5th, u won't ship until maybe Monday the 18, I won't receive the order until the end of the week or possibly the following, that's 3 weeks in my book.

He had no more response at this point.

I found a few complaints for them on BBB, it shouldn't take BBB to step in before they provide good customer service.

If they don't have the item to ship, why is that there fault? I think your options are to either order a different generator or wait until they get the one you want in stock. It is high season for pools right now, so I'm not surprised that there is a shortage of units.

I agree that they could have, or should have, done a better job of communicating the status of the order. But, I do not think it is reasonable to expect them to always have something in inventory or expect them to eat up any profit by paying for expedited shipping or other free upgrades because they did not have it available for immediate shipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you follow the threads, you'll see that the expectation for DSP to expedite my order was only after the fact they fail short of properly notifying me of the delay and failed to meet a given ship date. I wasn't told that it was back order until the first time calling in. I was given a ship date of 3-4 business days which would have been fine. I waited a week later to call again to make sure it got ship so I can arrange to get the work done and was once again told the same story as the first, it wasn't until I said I need a FIRM ship date and started to expressed my frustration, then I was told "In that case, don't count on it to ship until the following week to be sure"

Do you see the trend with this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.