Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone dealt with DiscountSaltpool and happy with them?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone dealt with DiscountSaltpool and happy with them?

Ordered a SWG on the 5th. waited and waited no confirmation on shipment. Called and asked for shipping status, was told it's on back order and won't ship for another week. A week later called, still on back order and probably not ship until the following week.

I have a lot of things being done around the pool and wanted this SWG here when we're doing the rest of the stuff. Things kept on getting pushed back and pushed back with no end dates because of the delay. I would rather them notify me of the back order and an actual shipment date so I can make arrangements. Instead I have to call weekly to only be given a maybe answer. If I knew it would be this late, I would just order it elsewhere. First and last purchase with this company for me.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone dealt with DiscountSaltpool and happy with them?

a lot of people reference thier site on here so someone will be able to tell you they're experiences.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

I purchased a Circupool from them during their Fathers Day sale this year - ordered on June 15th and received an automated response quickly after the order confirming the sale. Received my SWG it about a week or less later. I had a follow up question I sent over on a Friday evening (outside business hours) and I received a reply Monday morning when the office opened.

They shipped quickly for me, I'm guessing it was in stock and ready to go.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ordering pool equipment can be tricky especially during the height of the swim and pool build season. It is very easy for wholesalers and retail shops to run out of stock and then they have to fall back on the equipment manufacturers to restock. If it's outside a production run schedule, then your at the mercy of the equipment maker. It's always best to call a retail outfit and confirm that what you want us in stock and ready to ship.

That said, you are being treated poorly. I would suggest that you escalate your situation to the next level of sales/service as opposed to just talking to whatever operator you get on the phone. The first level reps basically can't do anything but read off a script to you. DSP should, if they ever want your business again, either refund part of the price, give you free overnight shipping or some benefit for your troubles. Only a sales manager will be able to do that for you.

Good luck.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

I've only dealt with them once, but shipping was very quick. Ordered an RJ30 on Thursday last week, it arrived by UPS on Monday this week.

24' round Radiant Metric, Partial IG install, 14000 gal, Circupool RJ30 SWG, Hayward Super VS, 250#Sand Filter, TF100 test kit.

Marion, NY

6. Back To Top    #6

Perhaps they have a larger capacity model in stock. You might be able get it for the same price if you ask.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Perhaps they have a larger capacity model in stock. You might be able get it for the same price if you ask.
    Cant really go too big on a SWG....
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

I doubt theyll do that as I got the one up free upgrade deal already.

The Customer service guy (Nathan) was being a jerk whenever I told him that I expected them to eat up the expedited fees.

This was how the conversion went in short

Me: where's my order
    Him: your order is on back order we probably won't receive the orders until thursday. (Told me similar story a week prior)
    Me: I need a firm answer to when it'll ship, I need to get my work planned.
    Him: then I suggest u count it on not shipping till Monday and it'll take 3 to 4business days to get to you.
    Me: would u guys expedite the shipping?
    Him: yah we can, I can give u quote.
    Me: no, I think u guys should pay for expedite freight to me since the order is delayed 3 weeks.
    Him: no we won't pay for it, you are exaggerating the lead time.
    Me: ordered July 5th, u won't ship until maybe Monday the 18, I won't receive the order until the end of the week or possibly the following, that's 3 weeks in my book.

He had no more response at this point.

I found a few complaints for them on BBB, it shouldn't take BBB to step in before they provide good customer service.

9. Back To Top    #9

If they don't have the item to ship, why is that there fault? I think your options are to either order a different generator or wait until they get the one you want in stock. It is high season for pools right now, so I'm not surprised that there is a shortage of units.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

10. Back To Top    #10

I agree that they could have, or should have, done a better job of communicating the status of the order. But, I do not think it is reasonable to expect them to always have something in inventory or expect them to eat up any profit by paying for expedited shipping or other free upgrades because they did not have it available for immediate shipment.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

If you follow the threads, you'll see that the expectation for DSP to expedite my order was only after the fact they fail short of properly notifying me of the delay and failed to meet a given ship date. I wasn't told that it was back order until the first time calling in. I was given a ship date of 3-4 business days which would have been fine. I waited a week later to call again to make sure it got ship so I can arrange to get the work done and was once again told the same story as the first, it wasn't until I said I need a FIRM ship date and started to expressed my frustration, then I was told "In that case, don't count on it to ship until the following week to be sure"

Do you see the trend with this?
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********