Spa and distance from equipment and heater

Jun 18, 2016
oakdale/ca
Hello. I'm new to the forum. We just chose a big company to build our pool but just before we signed on it they brought in a new designer who's a rock expert and moved our equipment over 55 feet from the spa. I am wondering if this is going to make the spa hard and expensive to heat. They said it won't. I don't trust this. They said they can't separate the heater to bring it closer to the spa. We were told that it would use more electricity because of the communication between the box and the heater and is worse than the heater being far away. Is this right? They said we could keep the equipment near the spa but it'll be loud with the 3 pumps for the grotto, slide and take up a 12x4 feet next to our patio. Help. Advice? Thanks

They are correct, 55' of horizontal plumbing will have very little impact on heating or head pressure. I would move it too. Why do you think it will have an impact? It only takes a second or two for the water to move 55'. But, I am curious, if you don't trust your PB then why did you hire them?

Thanks for the advice. You said you would move it too. Closer to the spa or where it is now. It's not that I don't trust him per se. He is a great designer and seems nice enough. This company is my husbands choice. I was told by another pool guy that you can spread out your equipment to save costs. Since 2 people are saying different things it makes me leary. I've never built a pool so I don't know. The company we went with said that the heater needs to be close to the spa. The new designer came in to help and moved it far away. Very confusing.

Yes, I would move the equipment away from the pool and keep the heater at the equipment pad. I am not trying to say that all PBs know what they are doing or are right. Far from that, many do not. Which is why picking the right PB is very important. Personal references are best. One you know is even better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.